Cradled on the waves, on the east coast of Canada
Anyone who has lived or spent time on this beautiful island will tell you there’s something truly special about PEI. Is it the salty sea air? The rich red soil? The sparkling blue waters? The ancient forests? The vibrant fishing villages? Or is it simply the authentically friendly people?
Prince Edward Island is quiet, peaceful, and safe with the lowest crime rate in the country. With a population of only 155,000 or so, on a tiny crescent-shaped piece of land in the Gulf of St. Lawrence, it’s hard to believe so much can happen here. But, it does. Our public schools are excellent, and we care about our communities and our neighbours. In times of need, we help each other—it’s the island way.
In Prince Edward Island, we value family, but our definition of family is broad. Here, family expands beyond the people who share your name. We’re all family, bonded through friendship and community.
A Prince Edward Island graduation certificate is globally recognized and prepares graduates for continued success for their post secondary pathway.
Prince Edward Island schools feature:
- High quality educational programs that focus on the essential skills and competencies needed to successfully participate in lifelong learning and life/work transitions.
- A safe and clean environment that welcomes people from all around the world.
- One of the most comprehensive English as an Additional Language (EAL) programs in Canada.
- Small class sizes.
- Well maintained and equipped education facilities including libraries, science and technology labs, athletic facilities, skilled trades labs, visual arts, theatre arts and music.
- Interactive technology utilizing Smart boards, integrating Google’s G Suite of Educational Applications and Extensions, supported by a wireless access at the high school level and at the majority of Intermediate schools.
We are ready to welcome the world
Charlottetown is the gateway city with an airport (YYG) that offers year-round flights within Canada and seasonal flights to international destinations.
|1 hour 45 minutes with direct flights daily
|2 hours 17 minutes with direct flights daily
|4 hours 24 minutes
Prince Edward Island has a mild climate thanks to the warm waters of the Gulf of St. Lawrence. Being surrounded by water also means that there is usually a breeze and at times can get quite windy. A range of activities are available with our four distinct seasons.
°C: Celsius °F: Fahrenheit